The HCNWA is a registered 501-C-4 Organization registered with the State of Florida. None of the Officers or Directors receives any compensation for their participation in the Organization. The HCNWA is an all Volunteer group.
Annual Dues Information
1. Dues are used to provide new watch groups with one Neighborhood Watch sign as soon as their dues are paid. That has a value of $50.25 dollars which includes shipping and handling. If the group wants additional signs they can be purchased from our Supplier at our costs.
2. Dues pay for our yearly registration fees to the State of Florida. This amounts to $62.00 each year for 501-C-4 organizations.
3. Dues pay for refreshments and amenities at the two meetings a year, one in April and one in October. There are snacks and refreshments at the April meeting. At the October meeting we have a sit-down Dinner for the Coordinators and Block Captains as a thank you for all the work they do during the year. The HCSO provides the meeting place at no charge to our members. We also hold our Elections at October meeting.
4. This August we held a Neighborhood Watch Jamboree at EG Simmons Park in Ruskin, Fl. This was funded by a Grant from the Office of Neighborhood Relations and matching funding from our Treasury.
5. Dues are used to publish a Semi Annual Newsletter in April and October for all members.
6. Dues also cover the costs of office supplies including stamps, mailing and P.O. Box.
7. Each Christmas our Organization donates the sum of $1000.00 dollars, usually ($250.00) dollars for each District in Hillsborough County. A needy family is chosen by the Board, with the help of the Deputy from that District, to ensure that the family will receive a Christmas that they would not otherwise realize.
8. This is a short explanation of how dues are spent. Our Organization has been in existence since 1985, and worked hard to spread the word about Neighborhood Watch and its abilities to thwart crime with your help. Please join with us and help make a difference. We need Board members and you are always invited to come join us at a meeting. Call or email any Board member for directions.